Subject: Re: [PATCH] WIP: gnu: icedove: Update to 115.5.2.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:02:20 -0500

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/gnuzilla.scm (all-mozilla-102-locales,
> %icecat-102-base-version, %icecat-102-version, icecat-102-source):
> Remove variables.
> (%icedove-build-id, %icedove-version, thunderbird-comm-source): Update for 115.5.2.
> (thunderbird-comm-l10n): Switch to provided tarball.
> (icedove-source)[origin]: Add `zstd` package. Use `icecat-source`.
> Provide l10n folder from tarball.
> (icedove-minimal)[arguments]: Use MACH_BUILD_PYTHON_NATIVE_PACKAGE_SOURCE instead
> of deprecated MACH_USE_SYSTEM_PYTHON. Use GUIX_PYTHONPATH and bundled
> NSS library.
> [inputs]: Use `icu4c-73-promise`. Add `nspr`. Remove `nss` for now.

Thanks for working on this!

I don't think it's acceptable to reintroduce bundling for NSS, unless we
have strong reasons to.  We should rather introduce a new NSS variant at
a sufficient version in a prior commit.  NSS takes time to build, but
otherwise shouldn't be too difficult, if I recall correctly my
experience doing it.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim