Subject: [bug#67824] [PATCH core-updates 0/6] Run builds in C.UTF-8 locale

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 12:27:07 +0100

Hi!

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I like the idea but I cannot build it, i.e., building gcc-mesboot1 hangs
> for me in the gmp configure:
>
> ./pre-inst-env guix build '(@@ (gnu packages commencement) gcc-mesboot1)'
> [..]
> (Configuring in host-i686-unknown-linux-gnu/gmp)
> checking whether sscanf needs writable input... no
> checking for struct pst_processor.psp_iticksperclktick... no
> <hang>

Hmm it works for me, weird.

Now I realize I forgot to change the default value of #:locale in
‘gnu-build-system.scm’ plus a couple of other things, so I’m starting
another round of rebuilds to test it.

It’s all about patience.  :-)

Ludo’.