Subject: [PATCH core-updates 2/6] build-system/gnu: Change default locale to C.UTF-8.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 14:37:38 +0100

This is a followup to 1cebc334a77030c0c94955981652f4df7608c9e3.

* guix/build-system/gnu.scm (gnu-build, gnu-cross-build): #:locale now
defaults to "C.UTF-8".

Change-Id: I9a4bfe564bcd8bbd0d57ba04568eb6b8020bd051
---
 guix/build-system/gnu.scm | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/guix/build-system/gnu.scm b/guix/build-system/gnu.scm
index ed1dc33c76..0f886fe21d 100644
--- a/guix/build-system/gnu.scm
+++ b/guix/build-system/gnu.scm
@@ -361,7 +361,7 @@ (define* (gnu-build name inputs
                     (make-dynamic-linker-cache? #t)
                     (license-file-regexp %license-file-regexp)
                     (phases '%standard-phases)
-                    (locale "en_US.utf8")
+                    (locale "C.UTF-8")
                     (system (%current-system))
                     (build (nix-system->gnu-triplet system))
                     (imported-modules %default-gnu-imported-modules)
@@ -501,7 +501,7 @@ (define* (gnu-cross-build name
 
                           (license-file-regexp %license-file-regexp)
                           (phases '%standard-phases)
-                          (locale "en_US.utf8")
+                          (locale "C.UTF-8")
                           (system (%current-system))
                           (build (nix-system->gnu-triplet system))
                           (imported-modules %default-gnu-imported-modules)
-- 
2.41.0