Subject: bug#67810: 29.1; fonts use synthetic bold on Linux / pgtk

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:56:34 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> Ok but is there such usage of SVG icons into Emacs?  If there is it
>> would require a much more smarter cache or, even better, a fast
>> rasterizer.
>
> Not as yet, but it's being proposed.

You mean that you're working on a new SVG rasterizer?  If so, great!

>> I've never hit this case but I don't have a high density display.  Is it
>> something that happen to you regularly?
>
> It was until I reset doc-view-resolution to 100.

I don't know about your setup but if you use mupdf as a converter it
could convert documents to SVG image (see 'doc-view-mupdf-use-svg').

AFAIU, in this case the 'doc-view-resolution' is not used anymore…  But,
yes, zooming in and out will result in big rasterized version in the
image cache.
-- 
Manuel Giraud