Subject: Re: bug#67810: 29.1; fonts use synthetic bold on Linux / pgtk

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 08:36:39 +0800

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes scaled SVG tend to take much space but in the example you gave (zoom
> in and out of a SVG in image-mode), I think it has more to do with the
> cache not being adapted for such usage: the fact that an image spec
> contains its size and is retain for 300 seconds by default (as you
> said).

The format of the keys used by the image cache is not at fault here,
since cached copies of SVG images must match their display sizes
regardless of whether the image cache is sensitive to sizes in image
specs specifying other image types.

> Ok but is there such usage of SVG icons into Emacs?  If there is it
> would require a much more smarter cache or, even better, a fast
> rasterizer.

Not as yet, but it's being proposed.

> I've never hit this case but I don't have a high density display.  Is it
> something that happen to you regularly?

It was until I reset doc-view-resolution to 100.