Subject: Re: [bug#67808] [PATCH 1/5] guix: build-system: font: Accept license-file-regexp keyword argument

From: Saku Laesvuori <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 08:46:55 +0200

> Thanks for raising this again, Saku.
> 
> The issue of the font-build-system not exposing its %license-file-regexp
> argument affects a number of font packages that either define a
> redundant phase or simply fail to install the right license files from
> their distribution.  I attempted to address the problem comprehensively
> with the patches in issue 61253:
> 
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/61253
> 
> In addition to exposing the "%license-file-regexp" argument the changes
> there also provide a default value that matches common font-license file
> names (including "OFL.txt") and correct the 29 font packages I found to
> have issues.

That looks like a much more complete fix/improvement than mine. Great!

> If there's interest in fixing this, I'm willing to review those patches
> to verify they fix the problem globally.  Saku's update to the
> font-jetbrains-mono package and addition of font-jetbrains-mono-nerd
> could then (and maybe should) be handled each as a separate issue.

Sounds good to me. I'll rebase those patches onto your's now and again
later if needed.