Subject: [bug#67808] [PATCH 1/5] guix: build-system: font: Accept license-file-regexp keyword argument

From: Simon South <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2023 09:33:26 -0500

Thanks for raising this again, Saku.

The issue of the font-build-system not exposing its %license-file-regexp
argument affects a number of font packages that either define a
redundant phase or simply fail to install the right license files from
their distribution.  I attempted to address the problem comprehensively
with the patches in issue 61253:

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/61253

In addition to exposing the "%license-file-regexp" argument the changes
there also provide a default value that matches common font-license file
names (including "OFL.txt") and correct the 29 font packages I found to
have issues.

If there's interest in fixing this, I'm willing to review those patches
to verify they fix the problem globally.  Saku's update to the
font-jetbrains-mono package and addition of font-jetbrains-mono-nerd
could then (and maybe should) be handled each as a separate issue.

-- 
Simon South
[email-masked]