Subject: bug#6774: Cut and paste with C-w/mouse-2 not working?

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 00:05:43 +0100

On 07/08/10 20:50, Chong Yidong wrote:

> I've checked in some changes that should (fingers crossed) fix the
> "empty selection" problem.  This also eliminates the use of
> x-set-selection to buffer variables, as you suggested.

Well, yeah, my suggestion involved eliminating that, but you don't seem 
to be implementing quite what my suggestion was as such, not that you 
had any obligation to of course.

On the plus side, I don't think I can replicate Angelo's actual reported 
issue anymore.

Anyhow, it will take me some time to fully understand the changes, 
especially with the C level more involved.  The multi-window problem 
definitely isn't fixed.

 > I added a new value to `select-active-regions', `lazy' (the default),
 > which means to set the selection only when used,

Perhaps unsurprisingly, I found it near-instantly annoying. Is the 
primary motivation concern about out-of-box efficiency?  Otherwise I 
really don't get why it'd be desirable.