Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix the texlive-poetry package

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2023 19:54:38 -0000

Hi Nicolas,

I appreciate the quick response. I've read through the conversation on issue
67660 and understand your concerns, but can't say that I entirely agree. I am
aware that it would be a substantial manual burden to fix the potentially
hundreds of impacted packages. However, from an end-user perspective, those
packages are currently broken. I think it is completely valid for the Guix
project to not want to take on the burden of managing those dependencies,
however I fail to see the utility in offering individual packages in that
case.

On the other issue you had mentioned the idea of having package collections.
How do you envision that working in practice? For example, if I wanted to
create a collection for typesetting poetry it seems a little arbitrary which
packages I would choose to include.

I am a frequent user of the Tex ecosystem and would like to improve it in
Guix. Currently it seems that the only realistic way to use Tex is to install
the entirety of texlive, which isn't any different than what I would do on
any
other distro.

Best,
Spencer