Subject: bug#67714: closed (Re: bug#67714: “guix buildracket” different from “guix shellracket”)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 18:35:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67714: “guix build racket” different from “guix shell racket”

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67714: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67714
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67714: “guix build racket” different from “guix shell racket”
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 19:33:49 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Ludo,

On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 at 19:08, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is likely <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66662>, fixed on Oct. 27th
> with commit 67effc1560fc175dfbcb58ef5b965b08b3942d6c.

Cool!  Thanks for the quick answer.  You saved me some investigation time. :-)

> I guess we can close if it’s not reproducible now?

Yeah, done.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: “guix build racket”different from “guix shell racket”
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 17:45:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Using Guix aabfddb (Oct 2023),

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build racket-minimal --no-grafts -d
/gnu/store/hcdvhp36c51f6854mzggacsylkks24jj-racket-minimal-8.10.drv
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix shell racket-minimal --no-grafts --dry-run
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://bordeaux.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
The following derivations would be built:
  /gnu/store/vy5y76f25ni3kxjfa8x6c3rjgvrvach1-profile.drv
  /gnu/store/jxbm1inf8mj7fvs8z9xxxcrlqv9i1hs7-racket-minimal-8.10.drv
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, the derivations are not the same and their output neither.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix build /gnu/store/hcdvhp36c51f6854mzggacsylkks24jj-racket-minimal-8.10.drv
/gnu/store/rvvyiy90dh2dpwn52r84xx4rsvvijz8q-racket-minimal-8.10

$ guix build /gnu/store/jxbm1inf8mj7fvs8z9xxxcrlqv9i1hs7-racket-minimal-8.10.drv
/gnu/store/f2vky2mswm2h7w3jjiw7s28d25kzbmrl-racket-minimal-8.10
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Hum?!  Looking more closely, their builder reads,

>From “guix build”:

  (apply invoke racket
  "/gnu/store/xgaj5m1yhyrc80jhx9djsvg4r7lgrz05-configure-layer.rkt"

>From “guix shell”:

  (apply invoke racket
  "/gnu/store/3k9f2j9arycxd5r6fw1dpidj51pbv41n-configure-layer.rkt"

And the bug is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ diff \
  /gnu/store/xgaj5m1yhyrc80jhx9djsvg4r7lgrz05-configure-layer.rkt \
  /gnu/store/3k9f2j9arycxd5r6fw1dpidj51pbv41n-configure-layer.rkt
diff: /gnu/store/xgaj5m1yhyrc80jhx9djsvg4r7lgrz05-configure-layer.rkt: No such file or directory
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Well, on more more recent revisions, e.g., 06f25a9a85, I am not able to
reproduce.  Other said, I am not able to tell if the bug had been fixed
or if it is not hit.

Cheers,
simon