Subject: df (GNU coreutils) 7.4 Dutch output misalignment

From: Erik Quaeghebeur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 20:30:59 -0400 (EDT)

Dear df-maintainer,

I observed a misalignment of the output of df (GNU coreutils) 7.4 in a 
Dutch locale: from the second column onward, the column header in the 
first row is too far to the right (by six spaces, in the cases I 
investigated).

Sample output (please use a fixed-width font):

$ df
Bestandssysteem           1K-blokken Gebruikt Beschikbr Geb% Aangekoppeld op
/dev/sda7             15306620   6146768   8382308  43% /
none                   1019676       364   1019312   1% /dev
none                   1024188      1728   1022460   1% /dev/shm
none                   1024188       276   1023912   1% /var/run
none                   1024188         0   1024188   0% /var/lock
none                   1024188         0   1024188   0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sda3                75272     19297     51959  28% /boot
/dev/sda5             40132520  17351692  20742184  46% /home

$ df -h
Bestandssysteem            Grtte   Gebr Besch Geb% Aangekoppeld op
/dev/sda7              15G  5,9G  8,0G  43% /
none                  996M  364K  996M   1% /dev
none                 1001M  1,7M  999M   1% /dev/shm
none                 1001M  276K 1000M   1% /var/run
none                 1001M     0 1001M   0% /var/lock
none                 1001M     0 1001M   0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sda3              74M   19M   51M  28% /boot
/dev/sda5              39G   17G   20G  46% /home

$ df -P
Bestandssysteem         1024-blokken  Gebruikt Beschikbr Vulgraad Aangekoppeld op
/dev/sda7             15306620   6146768   8382308      43% /
none                   1019676       364   1019312       1% /dev
none                   1024188      1728   1022460       1% /dev/shm
none                   1024188       276   1023912       1% /var/run
none                   1024188         0   1024188       0% /var/lock
none                   1024188         0   1024188       0% /lib/init/rw
/dev/sda3                75272     19297     51959      28% /boot
/dev/sda5             40132520  17352604  20741272      46% /home

No reply necessary. I appreciate your effort and very much understand that 
this minor issue does not have high priority.

Sincerely,

Erik Quaeghebeur