Subject: bug#67687: Feature request: automatic tags management

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2024 18:50:34 +0200

> Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 17:47:09 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> > I guess for now it will be enough to document that invoking
> > visit-tags-table disables the mode for that project.  AFAICT this is
> > not currently documented anywhere in the patch.
> 
> OK, added a paragraph to the mode's docstring.
> [...]
> +
> +The exception is made when the user has already selected a tags
> +table manually (for example, using \\[visit-tags-table]).  Then
> +this mode doesn't do anything.  Reset the visited tags tables
> +using \\[tags-reset-tags-tables]."

The above is only true for the project whose TAGS was manually
visited, right?  IOW, it's not that once the use invokes
visit-tags-table once, this mode will be effectively disabled for the
entire session, right?

If so, I suggest to make it clear:

  If you select a tags table manually (for example, using
  \\[visit-tags-table]), then this mode will be effectively disabled
  for the project or the directory tree from which the tags table was
  visited (the mode will still auto-regenerate tags tables for other
  projects and directory trees).  Use \\[tags-reset-tags-tables] to
  countermand the effect of a previous \\[visit-tags-table].

Otherwise, this LGTM, thanks.