Subject: [bug#67686] [PATCH core-updates v2 0/7] Update glibc to 2.38; make C.UTF-8 always available

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 23:54:03 +0100

Changes since v1:

  • The ‘install-utf8-c-locale’ phase now installs nothing when
    cross-compiling.

    Eventually, I’d like to (1) change the package to use gexps,
    and (2) use the native ‘localedef’ from ‘this-package’ to
    build locales when cross-compiling as this appears to do
    the job.

  • Incorporated the GCC and MPFR patches by Janneke.

(Since we haven’t yet added a ‘core-packages’ team, I’m seeing
people likely to be interested.  :-))

Ludo’.

Greg Hogan (1):
  gnu: gcc@11: Update to 11.4.0.

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen (1):
  gnu: mpfr: Update to 4.2.1.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  gnu: glibc-utf8-locales: Generalize and use gexps.
  DRAFT gnu: glibc: Update to 2.38.
  gnu: glibc: Install C.UTF-8 locale.
  gnu: glibc: Ensure C.UTF-8 locale is always found.
  gnu: glibc: Improve handling of empty .a files.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 +
 gnu/packages/base.scm                         | 166 ++++++++++++------
 gnu/packages/commencement.scm                 |  10 +-
 gnu/packages/gcc.scm                          |   7 +-
 gnu/packages/multiprecision.scm               |   4 +-
 .../glibc-2.37-versioned-locpath.patch        |  57 +++---
 .../patches/glibc-2.38-ldd-x86_64.patch       |   8 +
 7 files changed, 152 insertions(+), 101 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/glibc-2.38-ldd-x86_64.patch

base-commit: 69d31a158001f2cb97983bd13f4575f6c9484451
-- 
2.41.0