Subject: Re: bug#67683: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fix 'M-.' on Emacs C sources

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 11:32:00 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 10:54:12 +0100
>> From:  Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> I don't know how but for some times now 'M-.' is broken for me on C
>> sources.  The attach patch seems reasonable and fixes this issue.  I
>> guess that the title of this patch should be reworked but I don't really
>> know how to put it.
>
> Any chance of a reproduction recipe starting from "emacs -Q"?  I just
> tried M-. with an arbitrary symbol in the Emacs C sources, and it
> worked.  I also don't remember it ever failing for me.  So I'm unsure
> why it fails for you and under which circumstances.  So something is
> at work here that I don't see, and a recipe might help.

Yes, sorry it also works for me with "emacs -Q" (it even asks if I want
to visit the current directory tags table).  I'll try to investigate it.
-- 
Manuel Giraud