Subject: bug#67682: closed (Re: bug#67682: 30.0.50; M-u M-x eglot localhost:4567 doesn't connect)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2023 19:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67682: 30.0.50; M-u M-x eglot localhost:4567 doesn't connect

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67682: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67682
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67682: 30.0.50; M-u M-x eglot localhost:4567 doesn't connect
From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
To: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 19:17:56 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Dec 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Helmut Eller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Please try the untested patch after my sig.
>
> Yes, works.

Pushed a variant of this patch to master in
50bab2a9f7a3a07c0aa24355e1d3cde547be90b9.

Could probably be backported to emacs-29.

Closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; M-u M-x eglot localhost:4567 doesn't connect
From: Helmut Eller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 10:26:58 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I try:

  M-u M-x eglot localhost:4567

then I get:

  No such file or directory, localhost:4567

ISTR, that this worked in the past.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 196, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-12-07 built on caladan
Repository revision: e4e1e268c8e9f7de6fe5d4b05beb595a1781c02c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-checking=yes --with-xpm=ifavailable
 --with-gif=ifavailable 'CFLAGS=-g -O1''

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 GTK3
ZLIB