Subject: Re: [bug#67681] [PATCH] gnu: Add node-commander.

From: hrn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2024 17:20:27 +0000

Hi,

Thanks  for reviewing!

> Why is the test suite disabled?  A comment (explaining a good reason) 
> is
> needed :-).

This is what many node packages in node-xyz.scm does. I think this is 
because the tests are difficult to bootstrap. The dependency chains for 
the tests
are typically large and circular.

> A comment explaining why these are removed would help.

This is also the norm in node-xyz.scm. The excluded dependencies are for 
development and can in many cases be very difficult to bootstrap.

To be able to make progress with packaging node packages it seems to me 
that the general strategy has been  to disable tests and dependencies 
needed for tests. My assumption might be wrong though. Do you still 
think I should add comments?

> Could you please expand a bit on the description?  What features does 
> it
> have?  Keep it factual; "The complete solution ..." sounds like
> marketing language.

I agree that this needs to be changed. I blindly copied what the package 
said about itself.

Best regards,
Rikard