Subject: Re: bug#67669: 29.1; Drop text suggesting using `and' to replace `if'

From: Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 14:08:43 -0800

Please see the following patch that whether it makes sense to drop that
part.

>From 0362b90b2ded998f8a4bcf307ca4b89de561beec Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Xiyue Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2023 13:38:51 -0800
Subject: [PATCH] Drop text suggesting using `and' to replace `if' (Bug#67669)

* doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi (kill-new function): drop
obsolete text that refers to an earlier version of the code example.
---
 doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi | 4 +---
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi b/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
index d6627a2a1ca..c1e220518ca 100644
--- a/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
+++ b/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
@@ -8905,9 +8905,7 @@ The expression looks like this:
 
 If an @code{interprogram-cut-function} exists, then Emacs executes
 @code{funcall}, which in turn calls its first argument as a function
-and passes the remaining arguments to it.  (Incidentally, as far as I
-can see, this @code{if} expression could be replaced by an @code{and}
-expression similar to the one in the first part of the function.)
+and passes the remaining arguments to it.
 
 We are not going to discuss windowing systems and other programs
 further, but merely note that this is a mechanism that enables GNU
-- 
2.39.2

-- 
Xiyue Deng