Subject: Re: bug#67662: Emacs 29.1: Newsticker plainview S-SPC scrolls up instead of down

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 20:22:30 +0000

>> >> Newsticker plainview on Emacs 29.1. C-h m says that S-SPC should do
>> >> the
>> >> opposite of SPC, but they achieve the same command instead.
>> >
>> > Is this on a GUI frame or a TTY frame?
>> 
>> terminal: emacs --no-x-resources
> 
> What does Emacs show when you type "C-h l" after pressing S-SPC? if it
> shows SPC and not S-SPC, it means your terminal emulator cannot
> distinguish between SPC and S-SPC (many terminal emulators don't), so
> Emacs cannot distinguish between them, either.

Smart. I was confused because in treeview I thought that S-SPC scrolls 
the other direction than SPC. In fact it doesn't, it's just than on my 
long articles (which occupy twice the length of a window) doing SPC (or 
S-SPC which is the same for me) at the end of the news, wraps back to 
the top. Instead, in plain view it doesn't wrap to the top but says end 
of buffer. Maybe we should make SPC behave the same in treeview and 
plainview?