Subject: bug#67661: 30.0.50; *Completions* has started popping up for icomplete-in-buffer

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 21:42:06 +0000

Hello,

On Sun 10 Dec 2023 at 07:46pm +02, Juri Linkov wrote:

>> Okay, well, if we think about it in terms of finishing the feature, then
>> as the person who worked on it previously, could you share how you think
>> it ought to work?
>>
>> ISTM that a single tab in Eshell starting completion, and a single tab
>> not popping up a *Completions* buffer, are pretty clearly what we would
>> want it to do, but maybe I just got used to it :)
>
> I think that Eshel is right about setting `completion-in-region-function`
> to a new function.  This function should be like `completion--in-region`
> but without this line:
>
>   (completion--in-region-1 start end)
>
> If you just remove this line from `completion--in-region` then
> it should work like you expected without popping up *Completions*.

Thanks, that does indeed restore the behaviour.

Should we change this to a different completion-in-region-function in
icomplete.el, then?  Or what did you have in mind?

-- 
Sean Whitton