Subject: Re: bug#67661: 30.0.50; *Completions* has started popping up for icomplete-in-buffer

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2023 10:41:32 +0000

Hello,

On Sat 30 Dec 2023 at 08:30am +02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> AFAIU, this should also mention changes in Emacs 29 wrt previous
> versions.
>
> Also, the entry should in terms of user-facing behavior, not in terms
> of how code works.  It should also be more concrete; phrases like "you
> may wish to review existing customizations" are too vague to be
> useful.

Thank you for the feedback.  I've committed some documentation updates,
and would welcome any further revision.

> The last paragraph seems to indicate we lack some user option or a
> variable to get back the old behavior, since using advice-add is less
> friendly than flipping a variable.
>
> (IMO, we are making too many backward-incompatible changes in this
> area lately.  But that's me.)

I decided to go ahead and commit the documentation updates so that the
current state of play is written down.  Perhaps after further discussion
we'll want to make other changes.

-- 
Sean Whitton