Subject: Re: [bug#67655] [PATCH]: Update webkitgtk to 2.42.3

From: André A. Gomes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:15:33 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> The webkitgtk-* family collectively accounts for more than 600
> rebuilds, three of them being webkit (i.e. you'll wait 10 hours while
> your machine nearly dies grasping for more RAM).  Even with a graft,
> I'd first verify that it builds on CI.
>
> Plus, I don't see how this series accounts for webkitgtk-next, i.e. the
> GTK4 variant.  We have that over at gnome-team already, but a
> nontrivial amount of work went into getting it into a functional state.
> I've cherry-picked them onto a wip-webkit branch now.  Hopefully we can
> merge that faster than gnome itself.

As Leo mentioned, WebKitGTK updates are paramount from a security point
of view.  But I understand the constraints that Liliana mentions.  Is
there anything I can do to help?  It's hard for me to grasp the full
picture that you describe.  Thanks.

-- 
André A. Gomes
"You cannot even find the ruins..."