Subject: Re: bug#67654: 29.1; Hiding menu bar makes new frames very small

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 14:14:23 +0200

> From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2023 15:37:49 +0800
> 
> Roshan Shariff <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > I tried a git bisect only to find that commits as far back as ~2015
> > exhibit the bug; I wasn't able to compile older versions on my system
> > because of segfaults during compilation. So it seems plausible that
> > the GTK3 build of Emacs has always had this issue.
> 
> It's much more plausible that some change to GTK has introduced this
> bug... so much for breaking changes not being made to GTK 3.

Sounds like some GTK setting gets in the way and changes the
dimensions?

If the OP wanted to look deeper into this problem, would it be
possible to provide instructions where to look and which variables or
events to examine?