Subject: bug#67651: closed ([gnome-team] What should we do with the "gnome" package?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 17:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67651: [gnome-team] What should we do with the "gnome" package?

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67651: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67651
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: [gnome-team] What should we do with the "gnome" package?
From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2024 18:04:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is being worked on at https://issues.guix.gnu.org/68716

Subject: [gnome-team] What should we do with the "gnome" package?
From: Vivien Kraus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2023 21:55:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear guix,

On the one hand, we have this list of packages:
https://ftp2.nluug.nl/windowing/gnome/teams/releng/44.6/versions

On the other hand, we have the propagated-inputs of the gnome package.

Should we update the latter so that it contains everything from the
former? What should we do about the comments dividing the propagated-
inputs into categories? Where do these categories come from? Should we
preserve them? How do we know which package goes to which category?

The gnome package disables eog on 32-bit machines because it depends on
librsvg-next. It seems a bit outdated to me, as most of gnome won’t
work on 32-bit machines, not only eog. Should we try and find which
ones work on 32-bit systems?

Best regards,

Vivien