Subject: Re: [gnome-team] What should we do with the "gnome" package?

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2024 17:53:07 +0100

Am Dienstag, dem 05.12.2023 um 21:55 +0100 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> Dear guix,
> 
> On the one hand, we have this list of packages:
> https://ftp2.nluug.nl/windowing/gnome/teams/releng/44.6/versions
For the record, we have a new 44 release:
https://ftp2.nluug.nl/windowing/gnome/teams/releng/44.7/versions

I've summarised our TODOs below: Each commented line (preceded by #)
denotes a package that doesn't exist on the gnome-team branch yet.

core:atkmm:2.28.3:
#core:calls:44.2:
core:font-abattis-cantarell:0.303.1:
core:epiphany:44.7:
#core:gnome-logs:43.0:
#core:gnome-software:44.5:
#core:gnome-tour:44.0:

I think we should settle on what to do with the gnome package soon to
not stall the branch even further.  We can already start working
towards GNOME 46 after the merge :)

There is some gnome-adjacent software (particularly extensions, I don't
want all of them to break like they did the last time and the time
before) to have a look at as well before the merge, but it looks like a
nice road ahead.

We can do this!