Subject: bug#67630: closed (Re: bug#67630: Build python-phenograph.x86_64-linux on master is broken.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 18:57:03 +0000

Your bug report

#67630: Build python-phenograph.x86_64-linux on master is broken.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67630: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67630
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67630: Build python-phenograph.x86_64-linux on master is broken.
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 21:55:15 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This package appears to be building correctly now.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: Re: Build python-phenograph.x86_64-linux on master is broken.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 17:05:43 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

[email-masked] (Cuirass) writes:

> <p>The build <b>python-phenograph.x86_64-linux</b> for specification <b>master</b> is
> broken. You can find the detailed information about this build <a
> href="https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2736972/details">here</a>.</p>
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2736972/details

The failure reads:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
=================================== FAILURES ===================================
___________________________ test_classify_generated ____________________________

cluster_dataset_generated = <tests.conftest.GeneratedClusterDataset object at 0x7ffdcfdb90f0>

    def test_classify_generated(cluster_dataset_generated):
        output, _ = classify(
            cluster_dataset_generated.train_set, cluster_dataset_generated.test_set
        )
        actual = cluster_dataset_generated.test_labels
>       assert all([p == a for p, a in zip(output, actual)])
E       assert False
E        +  where False = all([True, True, False])

tests/test_classify.py:9: AssertionError
----------------------------- Captured stdout call -----------------------------
Finding 30 nearest neighbors using minkowski metric and 'auto' algorithm
=============================== warnings summary ===============================
phenograph/cluster.py:13
  /tmp/guix-build-python-phenograph-1.5.7.drv-0/PhenoGraph-1.5.7/phenograph/cluster.py:13: DeprecationWarning: Please use `spmatrix` from the `scipy.sparse` namespace, the `scipy.sparse.base` namespace is deprecated.
    from scipy.sparse.base import spmatrix

tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_generated
tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_generated
tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_generated
tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_fixed
tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_fixed
tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_fixed
tests/test_classify.py::test_random_walk_probabilities_fixed
tests/test_classify.py::test_random_walk_probabilities_fixed
tests/test_classify.py::test_random_walk_probabilities_fixed
  /tmp/guix-build-python-phenograph-1.5.7.drv-0/PhenoGraph-1.5.7/phenograph/classify.py:43: DeprecationWarning: Please use `bicgstab` from the `scipy.sparse.linalg` namespace, the `scipy.sparse.linalg.isolve` namespace is deprecated.
    sp.linalg.isolve.bicgstab(Lu, b.T.todense(), atol="legacy") for b in B.T

-- Docs: https://docs.pytest.org/en/stable/how-to/capture-warnings.html
=========================== short test summary info ============================
FAILED tests/test_classify.py::test_classify_generated - assert False
=================== 1 failed, 5 passed, 10 warnings in 3.48s ===================
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The test is probably flaky and should be reported upstream and disabled
in our package meanwhile.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim