Subject: bug#6763: 24.0.50.1; Doc string of `window-line-height'

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 15:33:11 +0200

IRIE Shinsuke <[email-masked]> writes:

> `pos-visible-in-window-p' with no args returns t or nil, so this
> expression returns a boolean if (window-line-height) is nil.
> Since `pos-visible-in-window-p' can't be the substitute, such an
> expression merely causes a meaningless result.

Do you have a test case that shows this bug?

The doc of `pos-visible-in-window-p' says:

---
If POS is visible, return t if PARTIALLY is nil; if PARTIALLY is non-nil,
return value is a list of 2 or 6 elements (X Y [RTOP RBOT ROWH VPOS]),
where X and Y are the pixel coordinates relative to the top left corner
of the window.  The remaining elements are omitted if the character after
POS is fully visible; otherwise, RTOP and RBOT are the number of pixels
off-window at the top and bottom of the row, ROWH is the height of the
display row, and VPOS is the row number (0-based) containing POS.
---

ROWH should be what you're looking for, otherwise?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/