Subject: bug#67615: [PATCH v5] * lisp/info.el (Info-url-alist): New option mapping manuals to URLs.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:51:35 +0200

> From: Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2024 21:56:03 +0000
> 
> > It wasn't forgotten, but thanks anyway.
> 
> > I have a few minor comments to this version
> 
> Thanks for...
> 
> - not forgetting,
> - for all the patience, and
> - the comments.
> 
> Attached is a new version of the patch which includes the requested
> improvements:
> 
> - In a docstring, do not break line within form specification.
> - Pass a previously missing argument to `error'.
> - Use `seq-contains-p' instead of `seq-contains'.

Thanks.  I was going to install this, but it causes info-tests in the
test suite to fail:

  Test test-info-urls backtrace:
    signal(ert-test-failed (((should (equal (Info-url-for-node "(emacs)M
    ert-fail(((should (equal (Info-url-for-node "(emacs)Minibuffer") "ht
    (if (unwind-protect (setq value-2 (apply fn-0 args-1)) (setq form-de
    (let (form-description-4) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-2 (apply f
    (let ((value-2 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-3)) (let (form-descripti
    (let* ((fn-0 #'equal) (args-1 (condition-case err (list (Info-url-fo
    (closure (t) nil (let* ((fn-0 #'equal) (args-1 (condition-case err (
    #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x122f3388eba94dc5>)()
    handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x122f3388eba94dc5
    ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
    ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name test-info-urls :documentation nil :bo
    ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector (not (or ... ...)) :te
    ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
    command-line-1(("-L" ";." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/info-tests.el" "--ev
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test test-info-urls condition:
      (ert-test-failed
       ((should
	 (equal (Info-url-for-node "(emacs)Minibuffer")
		"https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Minibuffer.html"))
	:form
	(equal
	 "https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Minibuffer"
	 "https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Minibuffer.html")
	:value nil :explanation
	(arrays-of-different-length 68 73
				    "https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Minibuffer"
				    "https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Minibuffer.html"
				    first-mismatch-at 68)))
     FAILED  1/1  test-info-urls (0.187500 sec) at lisp/info-tests.el:30

If we want the result to include the "html" extension (which might not
be correct, since perhaps we could have Minibuffer.htm?), then please
update the test.  Otherwise, it sounds like the code needs some
adjustment to behave as before?

> Subject: [PATCH] * lisp/info.el (Info-url-alist): New option mapping manuals
>  to URLs.

Please also improve the commit log message to mention all the changes,
not just the new option.  See CONTRIBUTE for details, and you can use
"git log" to see many examples of how we do that.