Subject: bug#67615: [PATCH v2] * lisp/info.el (Info-url-for-node): Support all Emacs info manuals.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2023 09:19:42 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 21:48:52 -0500
> 
>   > - Remove "gawk" and "mairix" manual-names from default value of
>   >   Info-urls since they response with HTTP status "not found".
> 
> What is the intended meaning of Info-urls?  What is the criterion for
> what to include, and what is the reason for choosing that criterion?
> 
> I ask becaise Gawk is a GNU package.  It is reasonable, as a matter of
> general principle, for Emacs to refer people to GAWK and its
> documentation.

We decided first to support manuals that come with Emacs, and Gawk's
manual doesn't.

Supporting all GNU manuals is a much larger job, since there's no
single base URL from which they all can be reached (although many of
them can be reached from the GNU site).  Also, the arrangement of the
manuals of the other packages is slightly different from that of
Emacs, which needs more specialized processing.

So I think for now it should be enough to have only the Emacs manuals
by default, and let users add more associations for other packages if
they like.