Subject: bug#67615: [PATCH v2] * lisp/info.el (Info-url-for-node): Support all Emacs info manuals.

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2023 21:48:52 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > - Remove "gawk" and "mairix" manual-names from default value of
  >   Info-urls since they response with HTTP status "not found".

What is the intended meaning of Info-urls?  What is the criterion for
what to include, and what is the reason for choosing that criterion?

I ask becaise Gawk is a GNU package.  It is reasonable, as a matter of
general principle, for Emacs to refer people to GAWK and its
documentation.

Whether it is useful to do so _in this specific case_, I don't have an
opinion about, because I don't know ebough about this specific case.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)