Subject: Re: bug#67608: qtbase fails to build on i686

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 18:42:10 -0500

John Kehayias <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Maxim,
>
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2023 at 01:32 PM, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After recent mesa/xorg upgrades, qtbase fails to build on i686, per
>> <https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2700964/details>.
>
> I saw this when I was working on the mesa-updates branch, but I didn't
> think it was a new failure. I looked back just now and even going to
> July or further back I don't see any successful builds of qtbase-6.*
> on i686-linux. The most recent version has the same failures as this
> log, pre-mesa-updates. Looked like a previous version of qtbase-6 had
> a different failure though.

Indeed.  I wonder why Cuirass flagged the failure as a new one.

[...]

> As for the actual cause, I don't have a clue. There was a failure
> cause by an update on that branch, which I had fixed in
> aee3c5a894fddf88810f18fa8880b423b078b3fa (from libxkbcommon update).
>
> Was there a version of qtbase-6 that builds on i686?

OK.  I don't seem to find one looking at CI.  We should probably report
this upstream if it hasn't already been.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim