Subject: bug#67590: closed (Re: bug#67590: 30.0.50; [native-compilation] Error during redisplay)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 03:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67590: 30.0.50; [native-compilation] Error during redisplay

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67590: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67590
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67590: 30.0.50; [native-compilation] Error during redisplay
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2023 05:29:04 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 19:02:37 -0300
> 
> Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
> > same here, could not reproduce but I believe the fix is adding the
> > suggested require.
> >
> > Added now with cf11fdfd8e4, German could you double check it works for
> > you?
> 
> Yes, it works. Thanks.

Thanks, closing.

Subject: 30.0.50; [native-compilation] Error during redisplay
From: German Pacenza <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 17:36:59 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
When starting emacs the *message* buffer shows:
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/elec-pair.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode)
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/rx.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [66 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/elec-pair.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [19 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/savehist.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [7 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/delsel.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [8 times]
Error during redisplay: (apply native--compile-async ("/home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/info.el" nil late)) signaled (void-function emacs-lisp-compilation-mode) [159 times]

I did a git bisect and the bug appeared with this commit:
commit e6a955d2426875188f4ffdbc90d4861b917fd7bd
Author: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Oct 19 18:10:25 2023 +0200

    comp: split code in comp-run.el
    
    * lisp/emacs-lisp/comp-run.el : New file.
    (comp-run)
    (native-comp-jit-compilation-deny-list)
    (native-comp-async-jobs-number)
    (native-comp-async-report-warnings-errors)
    (native-comp-always-compile)
    (native-comp-async-cu-done-functions)
    (native-comp-async-all-done-hook)
    (native-comp-async-env-modifier-form)
    (native-comp-async-query-on-exit, native-comp-verbose)
    (comp-log-buffer-name, comp-async-buffer-name, comp-no-spawn)
    (comp-async-compilations, native-comp-limple-mode)
    (comp-ensure-native-compiler, native-compile-async-skip-p)
    (comp-files-queue, comp-async-compilations, comp-async-runnings)
    (comp-num-cpus, comp-effective-async-max-jobs)
    (comp-last-scanned-async-output)
    (comp-accept-and-process-async-output, comp-valid-source-re)
    (comp-run-async-workers, native--compile-async)
    (native-compile-async): Move these definitions here.
    * lisp/Makefile.in (COMPILE_FIRST): Update.
    * src/Makefile.in (elnlisp): Likewise.
    * admin/MAINTAINERS: Likewise.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2023-12-02 built on KRONOS
Repository revision: fb4b0b30a24e8192e71c1425dc8a295cf39f64ff
Repository branch: master
System Description: Manjaro Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install --prefix=/home/german/.local/emacs'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  spacious-padding-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.4.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/standard-themes-2.0.0/theme-loaddefs
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.5.0/transient hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/german/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.4.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/german/.local/emacs/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib vertico-directory comp-run comp-common rx elec-pair
savehist vertico compat spacious-padding init delsel fontaine
ef-day-theme ef-themes info autothemer-autoloads cape-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads consult-autoloads
do-at-point-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads eat-autoloads
ef-themes-autoloads elfeed-autoloads expand-region-autoloads
flexoki-emacs-theme-autoloads fontaine-autoloads
grayscale-theme-autoloads haki-autoloads kanagawa-theme-autoloads
kkp-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads popup-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads spacious-padding-autoloads
standard-themes-autoloads transient-autoloads transpose-frame-autoloads
vertico-autoloads with-editor-autoloads compat-autoloads early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 102551 122853) (symbols 48 8189 13)
 (strings 32 20158 11493) (string-bytes 1 666175) (vectors 16 11797)
 (vector-slots 8 282409 121177) (floats 8 59 2457)
 (intervals 56 281 108) (buffers 992 12))

-- 
German Pacenza