Subject: bug#67582: closed (Re: [bug#67582] [PATCH gnome-team 2/4] gnu: Add python-dbus-python.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 22:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67582: [PATCH gnome-team 0/4] Update python-dbusmock

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67582: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67582
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#67582] [PATCH gnome-team 2/4] gnu: Add python-dbus-python.
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2023 23:54:39 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Sonntag, dem 03.12.2023 um 14:06 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> Hi,
> 
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Am Sonntag, dem 03.12.2023 um 12:19 -0500 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> > > Hello,
> > > 
> > > Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:
> > > 
> > > > * gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-dbus-python): New
> > > > variable.
> > > 
> > > [...]
> > > 
> > > > +(define-public python-dbus-python
> > > > +  (package
> > > > +  (name "python-dbus-python")
> > > > +  (version "1.3.2")
> > > > +  (source
> > > > +   (origin
> > > > +     (method url-fetch)
> > > > +     (uri (pypi-uri "dbus-python" version))
> > > > +     (sha256
> > > > +      (base32
> > > > "1y28h90v2ib8zqhs3r2yr7ycg8ccwvw3gqkvadlm12v1129q2rxd"))))
> > > > +  (build-system pyproject-build-system)
> > > > +  (arguments
> > > > +   (list #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
> > > > +                      (add-after 'unpack 'patch-requirements
> > > > +                        (lambda _
> > > > +                          (substitute* (list "pyproject.toml"
> > > > "setup.py")
> > > > +                            (("'(ninja|patchelf)',?") ""))
> > > > +                          (substitute* "setup.cfg"
> > > > +                            (("(ninja|patchelf)") "")))))))
> > > > +  (inputs (list dbus glib))
> > > > +  (propagated-inputs (list python-pygobject))
> > > > +  (native-inputs (list pkg-config
> > > > +                       python-meson-python
> > > > +                       meson ninja patchelf
> > > > +                       python-sphinx python-sphinx-rtd-theme
> > > > +                       python-tappy
> > > > +                       python-wheel))
> > > 
> > > Is this 'guix style' produced?  The convention is to use:
> > > 
> > > (native-inputs
> > >  (list one
> > >        two
> > >        ...))
> > > 
> > > When there are more than 5 inputs (or if they don't fit on a
> > > single line).
> > I manually grouped them by theme.
> 
> I see.  I'd still prefer the conventional sorted flat list, because
> the next person touching it probably won't notice and break that
> logic.
We can still break it when the next person touches it, so that's fine
by me :)

Pushed, along with the rest.

Subject: [PATCH gnome-team 0/4] Update python-dbusmock
From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 11:35:59 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix,

this series updates dbusmock, which is required to test mutter and
gnome-shell among others.  With this, we should soon™ be able to ship
GNOME 44.

Cheers

Liliana Marie Prikler (4):
  gnu: Add python-meson-python.
  gnu: Add python-dbus-python.
  gnu: python-dbusmock: Update to 0.30.0.
  Revert "gnu: sysprof: Do not propagate libadwaita."

 gnu/packages/gnome.scm      |  5 ++-
 gnu/packages/gtk.scm        |  5 ++-
 gnu/packages/polkit.scm     |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm | 75 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 4 files changed, 78 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

base-commit: e21f0cb7b7a87992004193cd56638ad961fe5928
prerequisite-patch-id: 8d1a45af0d4d7f62972fb8e55b250c820314d8a2
prerequisite-patch-id: c86837319c9b4a863bb76c1cda3ad400f11f9c7f
prerequisite-patch-id: fdcf33da7b5aa853025b83b56cae2cad32c40d20
prerequisite-patch-id: 6b34aba7833316d5b68c66c3523fa9e36fcd21ea
prerequisite-patch-id: ea4f5585810504e1d9048d18be0279cdf915f7f7
prerequisite-patch-id: 2423d15d8a338cb27b2a09d1343c97efe157273e
prerequisite-patch-id: 9ae0e5fe0509966acb8535d24445e2778ce3bf51
prerequisite-patch-id: 6c994d78a267679e41c64aca5e2a8eed9903c36a
prerequisite-patch-id: f687a06414371dc1a5c13f62121085935f6420c4
prerequisite-patch-id: 37e6c6b7f27c55f93e63c25ae0c93aba6349974a
prerequisite-patch-id: 7d6f1a77e5cb31bdf1f9c4e491413c95c52cff3f
prerequisite-patch-id: dccc6c9860b8e2a024ab2ec2833f8385b7c8e75c
prerequisite-patch-id: e5cb122207ec3784a270158758d0f5597b87e162
prerequisite-patch-id: 60b3204e84dc6d0f39ce2d994053c83e6333c80b
prerequisite-patch-id: be468df07dd87b750ebd01ea72c8294dd93dce32
prerequisite-patch-id: 14d90fb9fb9a284cf216ec7b25f163c2323f5b10
prerequisite-patch-id: 3beb347bc9ee5c0d42a3fef154dc242b6ae8de52
prerequisite-patch-id: fc6d9920ccd676a132d8bc39a0343c40fcf5b4b4
prerequisite-patch-id: f772aa06c02d662e27dde01064c2aeb91f30de75
prerequisite-patch-id: cf70a422a2843416b013992cd3f10a079b0be77c
prerequisite-patch-id: 95a220c8e07d6264306a63a615739710968585c0
prerequisite-patch-id: 3de44279e1880b71bce0685d72d28d43334a2884
-- 
2.41.0