Subject: Re: [bug#67570] [PATCH] gnu: kubo: Fix build.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2023 11:04:56 +0100

Hi,

I spoke too fast…

"Artyom V. Poptsov" <[email-masked]> skribis:

> +     (let ((p (package-input-rewriting
> +               `((,go-golang-org-x-sys . ,go-golang-org-x-sys-0.8))
> +               #:deep? #true)))
> +       (cons go-golang-org-x-sys-0.8
> +             (map p
> +                  (list go-github-com-alecthomas-units
> +                        ;; TODO: needs to be updated first
> +                        ;; go-github-com-blang-semver
> +                        go-github-com-cespare-xxhash

It does fix the build, but it’s a bit heavy-handed: every time we
compute the kubo derivation, we go through that graph rewriting, which
is quite expensive.

Can you think of another way this could be fixed?  What if we don’t
replace go-golang-org-x-sys everywhere?  Or perhaps there’s a trick that
would allow us to build with go-golang-org-x-sys 0.4?

In parallel perhaps we should work on upgrading go-golang-org-x-sys
altogether?

WDYT?

Ludo’.