Subject: bug#67550: closed (Re: bug#67550: python-pytest-sanic 1.9.1 is not building)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 18:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67550: python-pytest-sanic 1.9.1 is not building

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67550: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67550
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67550: python-pytest-sanic 1.9.1 is not building
From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 21:55:37 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

It looks like loosening the version requirements on the websockets
dependency is in fact what was done, and now the package builds.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   רנשלפ םירפא
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted

Subject: python-pytest-sanic 1.9.1 is not building
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 18:46:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix team. I was trying to build platformio for Guix but I am 
struggling with one of its dependencies:

platformio depends on python-ajsonrpc, which depends on 
python-pytest-sanic.

  guix shell python-ajsonrpc
14.4 MB will be downloaded
  guile-3.0.9-debug  6.8MiB                           2.9MiB/s 00:02 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/sm87710ng5piz8dcj521j8fld6l9266y-python-sanic-21.12.1.drv
   
/gnu/store/9vv8s6ay7276k3n5jpv860ga1lx4b2h8-python-sanic-testing-22.3.0.drv
   
/gnu/store/i1f18bd1fp8c4vkml6wq3b6v46pih486-python-sanic-bootstrap-21.12.1.drv
   
/gnu/store/rwdqskbgw48bvjdjglx6wiigxfml6zrl-python-pytest-sanic-1.9.1.drv
   /gnu/store/09ymhk66i5g318hxfvc13lv4gi6wkg6i-python-quart-0.17.0.drv
   /gnu/store/pdbvgh7dkc3qm7v1iaxsz4gzay2nxb2p-python-ajsonrpc-1.2.0.drv

32.3 MB will be downloaded
  python-pycparser-2.21-doc  19KiB                    1.0MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  glibc-2.35  9.3MiB                                  6.3MiB/s 00:01 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  gzip-1.12  83KiB                                    2.6MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  glibc-2.35-static  1.6MiB                           5.6MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  libfontenc-1.1.4  14KiB                             4.7MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  glibc-2.35-debug  19.3MiB                           6.5MiB/s 00:03 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  mkfontscale-1.2.2  20KiB                            3.9MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  texinfo-6.8  1.3MiB                                 4.0MiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
  mkfontdir-1.0.7  4KiB                               798KiB/s 00:00 
▕██████████████████▏ 100.0%
building 
/gnu/store/rwdqskbgw48bvjdjglx6wiigxfml6zrl-python-pytest-sanic-1.9.1.drv...
- 'sanity-check' phasebuilder for 
`/gnu/store/rwdqskbgw48bvjdjglx6wiigxfml6zrl-python-pytest-sanic-1.9.1.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of 
/gnu/store/rwdqskbgw48bvjdjglx6wiigxfml6zrl-python-pytest-sanic-1.9.1.drv 
failed
View build log at 
'/var/log/guix/drvs/rw/dqskbgw48bvjdjglx6wiigxfml6zrl-python-pytest-sanic-1.9.1.drv.gz'.
building 
/gnu/store/09ymhk66i5g318hxfvc13lv4gi6wkg6i-python-quart-0.17.0.drv...
cannot build derivation 
`/gnu/store/sm87710ng5piz8dcj521j8fld6l9266y-python-sanic-21.12.1.drv': 
1 dependencies couldn't be built
guix shell: error: build of 
`/gnu/store/sm87710ng5piz8dcj521j8fld6l9266y-python-sanic-21.12.1.drv' 
failed

I think the problem is related to this:

https://github.com/yunstanford/pytest-sanic/issues/68

In my own tests I modified the package with this:

(arguments
      ;; Tests depend on python-sanic.
      `(#:tests? #f
        #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
		    (add-after 'unpack 'fix-websocket-version
                     ;; 
https://github.com/yunstanford/pytest-sanic/issues/60
                     (lambda _
                       ;; Fixing websocket version required
                       (substitute* "setup.py"
                         (("websockets>=9.1,<11.0")
                          "websockets>=9.1"))))
        )))

The package was built OK but I am not sure if this workaround is OK. 
Best regards.