Subject: bug#6755: 24.0.50; Customize buffer is too wide. Put doc string on separate line.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 17:55:56 +0300

> Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 22:36:23 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> The bug report just asks that the first line of a doc
> string be put on its own line, and likewise for :tag
> lines.

There's some kind of serious confusion in this bug report.  The text
that is displayed to the right of the "Value Menu" button is not the
doc string, it's the textual description of the current value.
Therefore, it makes no sense at all to start that text on a new line.
I also don't see how filling of any kind can make the situation better
when the textual description is too long.

Reading the discussions, I think they were mostly based on the above
misunderstanding, so I think we should either close this bug, or maybe
start discussing it anew, after forgetting everything that was said
and suggested, because none of that makes sense to me.