Subject: bug#67538: Shepherd stops responding during "guix system reconfigure"

From: Simon Streit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:55:08 +0100

Attila Lendvai <[email-masked]> writes:

> i've also experienced this, and someone else on IRC also described the
> same behavior. that makes three of us.

I can confirm it too.  It looks as if shepherd hangs when something
changes.  But it doesn't happen all the time.  It also happens sometimes
when configuring a home environment.  There it is not much of a problem
to restart shepherd.

But that doesn't work on a system level.  There I have to hard reset the
system.

> i don't think it's relevant, but i'm also using syncthing.

I'm not sure about this either.  I've noticed too that the service
syncthing will sometimes hang when stopping or restarting.  This could
be a different issue with the service itself.

While thinking of it:  I don't use syncthing in my system declaration
anymore.  It move over to my home environment.  The hanging still
happens.

Regards

-- 
Simon