Subject: Compile error in bzr trunk on Snow Leopard

From: Jules Colding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 07:42:44 +0200

Hi,

Attempting to build todays bazar trunk fails:

gcc -c  -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I/Users/colding/work/src/emacs/trunk/src             -MMD -MF
deps/dired.d  -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wno-pointer-sign  -g -O2 dired.c
dired.c:69: error: conflicting types for ‘opendir’
/usr/include/dirent.h:120: error: previous declaration of ‘opendir’ was
here
dired.c: In function ‘Ffile_attributes’:
dired.c:1015: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
dired.c:1015: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
dired.c:1019: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
dired.c:1019: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
dired.c:1067: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
dired.c:1067: warning: comparison is always false due to limited range
of data type
make[2]: *** [dired.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I configuired trunk with "configure --with-ns --without-sound
--without-x" and build with "make bootstrap && make && make install" on
Mac OS X 10.6.4 Snow Leopard..

BR,
  jules