Subject: bug#67527: 30.0.50; FR: Add an option to disable ispell completion in text-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 16:09:24 +0200

> From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Simon Manning <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 20:46:09 +0800
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> From: Simon Manning <[email-masked]>
> >> Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 12:55:00 -0500
> >> 
> >> For what it's worth, I've hit the same issue as Eason and have had to use the same workaround. The
> >> behavior is quite annoying with this (I think quite common?) setup because you can't really type
> >> without completion popups for simple words continuously showing up.
> >
> > We add ispell-completion-at-point to completion-at-point-functions
> > with DEPTH of 10.  So if other packages use DEPTH omitted or nil when
> > adding their functions to completion-at-point-functions, they should
> > be called before ispell-completion-at-point.  Does that happen?  if
> > not, why not?  If it does happen, why isn't that a good enough
> > resolution of the situation where several candidates compete for the
> > privilege of providing a completion?
> >
> > I took a liberty to add back Eason to the discussion, in the hope that
> > he could explain why DEPTH of 10 didn't solve his situation.
> >
> Because I don't have any ohter capf backends in the org buffer(outside
> the SRC code block), ispell-completion-at-point is the only one.
> 
> When the cursor is inside the SRC code block, no this issue.

I guess I'm confused.  In your original report, which started this
discussion, you said:

  Because when I enable the autocomplete by corfu or company, it will
  always popup the candidate when I input English characters.
  I don't want to diable the autocomplete of corfu or company, because I
  need it in org code block.

I was asking about that part in your report -- how did the new support
for completion-at-point in text mode and its descendants change the
behavior when you enable autocomplete by corfu or company, and why
were you talking about disabling autocomplete of corfu and company?