Subject: Re: [bug#67512] [PATCH 5/5] gnu: Add librewolf.

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2024 13:23:40 -0800

Herman Rimm <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Ian,
>
> You can enable --with-system-png flag since libpng-apng >= 
> 1.6.35. These
> two icecat flags may be required for addons from 
> gnuzilla.gnu.org:
>

Thanks, I’ve made this change, along with a few other fixes I 
found over the last couple weeks.  I’ll send an updated patch 
series, but would like to resolve the issues you raise first, to 
avoid repeatedly sending the patch series.

> This icecat-minimal flag disables DRM:
>
>   ;; The --disable-eme option is not available on aarch64.
>   #$(if (target-aarch64?) "" "--disable-eme")
>

LibreWolf disables DRM by default[1], so I don’t believe this flag 
is necessary.  I can confirm that it’s disabled in the browser 
built from the package definition without this flag.

> Librewolf should not link to addons.mozilla.org, using this 
> build phase
> from torbrowser:
>

What’s the rationale for not using addons.mozilla.org?

gnuzilla.gnu.org appears to be broken, it’s serving an Apache 
default page, as if the vhost isn’t configured.  Does the browser 
request some path within that domain, which does work?  I’m not 
familiar with the mechanism used for this.

  — Ian

[1]: https://librewolf.net/docs/faq/#how-do-i-enable-drm