Subject: Re: [bug#67512] [PATCH v4 3/4] gnu: Add wasm packages.

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 09:32:37 -0500

Hi Ian,

Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]> asked Ian Eure:
> And if you can explain why is Mullvad Browser not "great for daily use"
> that would be great.  https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2024-02-20.log

I see that you also wrote about GNU IceCat in the cited IRC log:

ieure (apparently Ian Eure) wrote on the #guix IRC channel:
> [...] IceCat, which is weirdware Firefox that won't run non-GPL'd
> JavaScript out of the box [...]

For the record, this statement is incorrect.  IceCat _will_ run
"non-GPL'd JavaScript" out of the box.  IceCat will, by default, run
trivial JavaScript regardless of license, and it will also run
nontrivial JavaScript that's marked as having a known free software
license.  There is no requirement that the JavaScript be covered by the
GNU GPL.  It's also easy to add sites to the whitelist, or to disable
LibreJS entirely.

I have no idea what you meant by "weirdware".  Can you please explain
what you meant by that?

      Thanks,
        Mark