Subject: Re: [bug#67512] [PATCH v4 3/4] gnu: Add wasm packages.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2024 15:29:29 +0100

On Tue, Feb 13 2024, Ian Eure wrote:

> D. Fold the new (gnu packages wasm) into (gnu packages librewolf). This is the
> only place they’re used, but it sounds like there’s desire to port some of the
> other firefoxen to this stuff, so probably not a good long-term option.

Does Librewolf depend on the Wasm packages more than the other Firefox
based browsers?  My point is that if your Librewolf package is
independent from the Wasm packages, they can be split and reviewed
independently.

That would make the Librewolf review shorter and easier, and the Wasm
review more consistent and easy to test.  Also, adding Wasm to our
Firefox based browsers would be a one-shot.  (Of course it doesn't have
to be included in Icecat, but I think it would be great to have it in
‘make-torbrowser’.)

It makes even more sense when considering that the author of the Wasm
patches is not you (and doesn't reply).

> In the interest of avoiding more back-and-forth, are there other structural
> things I should be addressing at the same time as these?  This patch series
> has been open for three months and I’d like to get things wrapped up.

Sorry, reviewing is hard.  I've pushed the icu4c-73 one, and I wish to
get the Wasm patch independent so that we can focus on reviewing
Librewolf.