Subject: 24.0.50; lisp.h:2998: error: syntax error before ‘time_t’

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:32:56 +0200

Hello!

This is the compiler's first of many outputs (scroll.c, xdisp.c,  
menu.c, ... fringe.c, terminfo.c):

	In file included from frame.c:25:
	lisp.h:2998: error: syntax error before ‘time_t’

The problem seems to be that lisp.h does not include time.h which has:

	#ifndef	_TIME_T
	#define	_TIME_T
	typedef	__darwin_time_t		time_t;
	#endif

__darwin_time_t is defined in /usr/include/ppc/_types.h as:

	typedef long __darwin_time_t;

In frame.c much later /usr/include/sys/time.h is included via  
systime.h and the typedef above renewed.

Mac OS X 10.5.8, PPC.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists  
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
		– Bill Watterson, in his comic strip Calvin and Hobbes