Subject: [PATCH v2 2/4] In certbot documentation, call environment variables by their proper name.

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 08:34:37 -0700

Certbot's hooks can be written in any language. in fact, they can be any kind
of executable. Environment variables are widely used to communicate values
across that type of fork(2) boundary. In the context here, it is more accurate
to talk about environment variables.

Change-Id: If0b476c3367a3108d9365d718a74faa7d9fe7530
---
 doc/guix.texi | 8 ++++----
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index b48255a16e0..1b0fa4f2a3a 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -35471,24 +35471,24 @@ Certificate Services
 
 @item @code{authentication-hook} (default: @code{#f})
 Command to be run in a shell once for each certificate challenge to be
-answered.  For this command, the shell variable @code{$CERTBOT_DOMAIN}
+answered.  For this command, the environment variable @code{$CERTBOT_DOMAIN}
 will contain the domain being authenticated, @code{$CERTBOT_VALIDATION}
 contains the validation string and @code{$CERTBOT_TOKEN} contains the
 file name of the resource requested when performing an HTTP-01 challenge.
 
 @item @code{cleanup-hook} (default: @code{#f})
 Command to be run in a shell once for each certificate challenge that
-have been answered by the @code{auth-hook}.  For this command, the shell
+have been answered by the @code{auth-hook}.  For this command, the environment
 variables available in the @code{auth-hook} script are still available, and
 additionally @code{$CERTBOT_AUTH_OUTPUT} will contain the standard output
 of the @code{auth-hook} script.
 
 @item @code{deploy-hook} (default: @code{#f})
 Command to be run in a shell once for each successfully issued
-certificate.  For this command, the shell variable
+certificate.  For this command, the environment variable
 @code{$RENEWED_LINEAGE} will point to the config live subdirectory (for
 example, @samp{"/etc/letsencrypt/live/example.com"}) containing the new
-certificates and keys; the shell variable @code{$RENEWED_DOMAINS} will
+certificates and keys; the environment variable @code{$RENEWED_DOMAINS} will
 contain a space-delimited list of renewed certificate domains (for
 example, @samp{"example.com www.example.com"}.
 
-- 
2.49.0