Subject: Re: bug#67497: [PATCH] Multiple deploy hooks in certbot service

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 00:24:19 +0000

Hi Felix,

> Certificates are often used to secure multiple services. It is helpful
> to have separate hooks for each service.

It's already possible to write the deploy-hook as a G-expression
constructed script (using program-file) that invokes multiple hooks in
succession. Something like:

(program-file "deploy-hook"
  (with-imported-modules '((guix build utils))
    #~(begin
        (use-modules (guix build utils))

        (invoke "/some/hook")
        (invoke "/some/other/hook"))))

Here /some/hook and /some/other/hook can themselves be recursively
constructed using program-file. So, do we really need a service that
explicitly accepts multiple deploy hooks?

Regards,
Arun