Subject: [bug#67489] [PATCH] monad-repl: Add REPL commands to inspect package arguments.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2023 17:39:23 +0100

Re,

On Tue, 28 Nov 2023 at 17:20, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > Without drifting, why not the meta-command ,arguments?
>
> One can already do “,pp (package-arguments package)”, so I wanted to
> have something short and to-the-point that would improve on that.
>
> In particular, we know by convention that certain arguments can be
> interpreted as code (gexps or sexps) so we can process them do display
> them in a nice way (lowering gexps, applying the pretty printer).  We
> cannot necessarily do that for other arguments where there’s no
> established convention.

Unrelated to this patch series, maybe an opportunity for establishing
some of these conventions, no?

BTW, because this potential meta ,arguments targets package developer,
I would find nice to apply what it is done with ,phases to
'package-arguments'.  As I showed in my previous message, “,pp
(package-arguments package)” is not really practical.  Well, anyway...
let as a exercise for the curious reader. ;-)

Cheers,
simon