Subject: gnu: avr-libc: Update to 2.1-1 (git version)

From: Kristian Lein-Mathisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:03:02 +0100

Hi,

I'm working with the newest AVR devices and as such need the newer
avr-libc. avr-libc was moved from savannah to github and seems to have no
official releases after 2.1. However, several new AVR devices have been
added to the post 2.1-release and this is useful to package. avr-libc
currently most recent commit
<https://github.com/avrdudes/avr-libc/commit/55e8cac69935657bcd3e4d938750960c757844c3>
is quite old, from Jul 6, 2022, and it the once I've used here.

My patch simply replaces the older 2.0 avr-libc which may rise some
stability concerns. If there is a way to parameterize make-avr-libc to
support both 2.0 and 2.1-1 (and perhaps 2.1) in a way that's accessibly to
(make-avr-toolchain #:xgcc gcc-14), please advice.

Also, there used to be an old avr-toolchain package which is now gone. I
now have to issue

> guix package -e '(begin (import (gnu packages avr) (gnu packages gcc))
(make-avr-toolchain #:xgcc gcc-13))'

In order to install avr-gcc, is this how this is intended to work?

Thanks for any pointers,
K.