Subject: 29.1; Buggy example in manual

From: silarakta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 00:01:07 +0000

In Customization > Key Bindings > Init Rebinding ("50.3.6 Rebinding Keys in Your Init File"), the last example reads:

     (add-hook 'texinfo-mode-hook
               (lambda ()
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c p"
                             'backward-paragraph)
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c n"
                             'forward-paragraph)))
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c C-x x" nil)

Parentheses in the second-to-last line are misplaced.
Corrected example:

     (add-hook 'texinfo-mode-hook
               (lambda ()
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c p"
                             'backward-paragraph)
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c n"
                             'forward-paragraph)
                 (keymap-set texinfo-mode-map "C-c C-x x" nil)))

    Sila

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.18.0)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101009
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-build-details --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --without-hesiod --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-kerberos --with-kerberos5 --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-modules --enable-autodepend --prefix=/usr
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share
 --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --with-file-notification=yes
 --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/share/emacs/29.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x --with-xim --with-sound --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff
 --with-gif --with-png --with-rsvg --with-dbus --with-webp --with-xft
 --with-imagemagick --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-pgtk
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --x-includes=/usr/include
 --x-libraries=/usr/lib64 --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt --with-cairo
 --with-xwidgets --build=x86_64-suse-linux --with-dumping=pdumper
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -fstack-protector-strong -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables
 -fstack-clash-protection -Werror=return-type -flto=auto -g
 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS
 -DGLIB_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign
 -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label -fno-optimize-sibling-calls
 -DPDMP_BASE='\''"emacs-gtk"'\''' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE
XIM XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: C.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
  value of $LANG: C.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  windmove-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils windmove shortdoc text-property-search
info-look help-fns radix-tree misearch multi-isearch mule-util jka-compr
disp-table autoinsert cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
manoj-dark-theme recentf tree-widget wid-edit whitespace so-long hl-line
cus-load finder-inf comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode
preview-latex tex-site auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads
ctable-autoloads concurrent-autoloads f-autoloads ht-autoloads info
dash-autoloads lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads python-environment-autoloads deferred-autoloads
s-autoloads spinner-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
delsel lpr easy-mmode pcase iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind
inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 231239 14808)
 (symbols 48 14043 0)
 (strings 32 54404 3256)
 (string-bytes 1 1684190)
 (vectors 16 29646)
 (vector-slots 8 615371 22076)
 (floats 8 142 327)
 (intervals 56 4968 0)
 (buffers 984 15))