Subject: Documentation: `syntax-ppss-toplevel-pos' xref typo `partial-parse-sexp' <- `parse-partial-sexp'

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:16:13 -0400

The function `syntax-ppss-toplevel-pos' in emacs-lisp/syntax.el appears to
have a type:

,---- (documentation 'syntax-ppss-toplevel-pos)
|
| Get the latest syntactically outermost position found in a syntactic scan.
| PPSS is a scan state, as returned by `partial-parse-sexp' or `syntax-ppss'.
| An "outermost position" means one that it is outside of any syntactic entity:
| outside of any parentheses, comments, or strings encountered in the scan.
| If no such position is recorded in PPSS (because the end of the scan was
| itself at the outermost level), return nil.
|
`----

Is the second line in error? e.g.

"PPSS is a scan state, as returned by `partial-parse-sexp' or `syntax-ppss'."
                                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shouldn't that be `parse-partial-sexp'?

Appears with docstring current through bzr-100920

--
/s_P\