Subject: Re: [PATCH gnome-team v2 0/4] Update mutter (better)

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:20:06 +0100

Am Montag, dem 27.11.2023 um 19:10 +0100 schrieb Vivien Kraus:
> Le lundi 27 novembre 2023 à 18:57 +0100, Liliana Marie Prikler a
> écrit :
> > > Vivien Kraus (4):
> > >   gnu: mutter: Update to 44.6.
> > >   gnu: Add munit.
> > >   gnu: Add libei.
> > >   gnu: mutter: Update to 45.1.
> > Are we targeting GNOME 44 or GNOME 45 here?  I don't want to delay
> > rollout of gnome-team even further by moving the goalpost.
> In order to try and solve the earlier mutter test failure, I tried
> different things and at one point I tried the 45.1 update.  I don’t
> like to waste so I sent it here, but maybe we could be wiser and keep
> it for later.
You will have to consider other parts of the stack as well, and with
mutter 45 bumping the library version once again I doubt that we'll
find a compatible gnome-shell 44.  On that note, we should look into
updating gnome-shell etc. too.

> > Note that 44.7 and 45.2 tarballs should go out this weekend, so no
> > micro-updates if possible.
> I’m not sure what the end of your sentence means. Should we stay with
> 44.5? 44.6? Should we wait for 44.7?
I'd wait for 44.7 and then update to that.

Cheers