Subject: Re: bug#67459: Segmentation fault

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 21:24:11 +0200

> From: Gabriele LENZINI <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 14:14:30 +0000
> 
> I am using org mode, doom emacs, on a XPS 13 Dell, Windows 11, with WSL
> installed, and power shell. I run emacs in windows, however.
> 
> Emacs crashes regularly on this machine, and I tried to reinstall it,
> restall doom, flyspell, org but it happens the same. The strange thing
> is that on another dell, a desktop, it works like a charm. So it should
> be something that has to do with this machine architecture (Inter core
> 17). Maybe 32 vs 65 bit, but my emacs is a 64 bits as this machine.
> 
> I haven't noticed any pattern in the crashing. Sometimes when I writing,
> even deleting a word, so I have no clue. I have only recently learned
> how to launch emacas with gdb and only now I manage to have this report
> done. Apologies for not being able to give more insights.

What does "crashes" mean, exactly?  Can you describe in detail what
you see when Emacs crashes in your case?

Also, if you run Emacs under GDB, please produce a backtrace when it
crashes, by typing "thread apply all bt" at the GDB prompt, and post
here the results.